VIGILUS is the tool that allows, combined with the module remote control, complete management of engine parameters, on-board fuel and much more.
The tool installs in a standard 3-1/8” (80mm) hole, while the remote module can be installed anywhere in the aircraft for facilitate the electrical connections with the probes.
All available data is divided into several pages, with interface graphics designed for good readability.
It is customizable for many types of engines and fully configurable in terms of alarms and audio alerts, which are activated as soon as a parameter exceeds the minimum or maximum limit set.
The instrument is intended for planes, helicopters and gyroplanes.
The Remote Module is the interface that connects with all engine sensors. Compact and light too, it integrates the inputs for all probes and checks the parameters more than 50 times per second.
- Engine information: RPM, MAP, oil pressure, temperature oil, 4 EGT, 2 CHT, coolant temperature, pressure fuel, throttle position, fuel air ratio, OAT, IAT
- Temperature Page: A graphical representation of the engine with display of temperatures, pressures
- Flight Timer: Local time (UTC correct), Flight time, Stopwatch, Volt, Ampere, Density Altitude
- Fuel management: 3 capacitive or telelevel inputs resistive, optional fuel computer (requires software key) with flow meter, resistance, remaining, autonomy, autonomy and quantity at destination (requires GPS connection)
- Hourmeter: Total time accumulated by the engine, time traveled in the green-yellow-red area, last flight time, maximum peak reached in the last flight, maximum peak ever reached by the engine.
- Video: Up to 3 Composite Video inputs with Video Grabber optional Code 653000.
- Datalogger: a 200 hour memory stores all the information provided by Vigilus with 1 second sampling e divided for each flight. The data is easy to scroll through and analyze with a graphic display and to download with a USB stick.
- Engine revolutions
- Oil pressure
- Oil temperature
- 4 EGT inputs
- 2 CHT inputs
- Coolant temperature
- Fuel pressure
- Throttle position
- Gearbox temperature (Yamaha)
- OAT (outside air temperature)
- Ignition timing (Yamaha EpEX)
- Hour meter, also divided by hour into green, yellow and red zones
- Peak RPM memory (peak RPM of last flight and maximum RPM of always)
- Flight timer
- Local time-UTC time (GPS connection required)
- 3 Composite video input (with optional Video Grabber code 653000)
- 2 inputs for remote switches
- Altitude Density
FUEL MANAGEMENT FUNCTIONS:
Fuel computer (fuel flow, range, fuel remaining, fuel burned, range and reserve at destination). It's possible activate 3 alarms for remaining fuel, emptying time and for tank balancing.
When a measurement drops below its setpoint it is triggered the alarm both on the display and on audio output tone or voice alert.
The Fuel Computer functions will require the fuel activation key Fuel Computer cod. 651055.
3 fuel level sensor inputs with calibration for capacitive sensors and resistive
200 hour Data Logger with integrated Graphic Data Viewer and possibility of export data
Software upgradeable via USB pen drive
Density altitude calculation.
Dimensions: 86x86x22 mm (Vigilus)
135x79x20 mm (Remote Module)
Weight: 185 g
Operating temperature range: -20~+70°C
Supply voltage: 12~30 Vdc
Supply Current: 200mA
3.5” TFT color LCD screen.
Display brightness: 1000 nits, adjustable.
Standard 3 1/8” (80 mm) panel mount.
Audio LineOut for intercom
2 CAN Bus communication interfaces
GPS input: standard RS-232, data format: NMEA-0183, strings requests: $GPRMC and $GPRMB
1 USB port
Internal memory for 200 hours of datalogger
The engine alarms are activated when the relative measurement is out of range, can be either displayed on audio output tone or message voice alert.